Thu, Apr 28|
Sydney Olympic Park
Leadership + Mental Health Workshop - Sydney
This program provides your leaders the tools to elevate productivity and culture whilst at the same time elevating the organisations wellbeing Merging performance and wellbeing to create a sustainable and productive culture
Time & Location
Apr 28, 2022, 10:00 AM – Apr 29, 2022, 4:00 PM
Sydney Olympic Park, Edwin Flack Ave, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127, Australia
About the event
The past few years has seen reduced investment in training that will create better leaders which in turn enables workforces to function better and achieve the organisations goals. Most people who are promoted to middle management are promoted based on tenure and capability in their role and not provided the robust and ongoing training to define and develop their personal leadership style. Dr Ali Walkers sessions provides the core skills to become a successful leader and how to implement these practices to create their leadership style.
Matt Elliott’s sessions provide participants with the skills and resources to inspire their team through the creation of a clear vision and team purpose.
The outcome of this workshop will enable participants to not only be more effective leaders but will help to create a more constructive and empowered culture that will unite their team and thrive as a collective even in times of hardship.
Who is this program for?
- Organisions or Individuals wanting to improve their leadership capability which in turn will enable them to create a better team culture
- Organisions who have been under sustained pressure and have not provided ongoing training and support for their leadership
- Middle management that are coming under pressure from above to drive performance whist the team is mentally fatigued and burnt out
What are the program outcomes?
- Understanding the difference between leadership and management
- Understanding the evolution of leadership and which style will best suit your environment
- Understanding your connection type and why this is important to your leadership style
- Active listening skills for your connection type
- Effective communication skills for your connection type
- Effective conflict resolution skills for your connection type
- How to give and receive feedback for your connection type
- Creating your leadership style and understanding your way of inspire others
At the age of 25 I was appointed as the Director Of Community Service at Botany Council, at the age of 33 I was fortunate to become the Head Coach of the Bradford Bulls in the Uk Super League.
In 2001 the honour of head coaching the Canberra Raiders started a 15-year career in the NRL. What I have learnt in this 30-year adventure is how to lead extremely well and how to lead poorly, as I have done both with the absolute best intention. Now as a Culture, Leadership and Mindset Coach in the NRL and corporate world I get to draw on these experiences to support leaders and organisations to navigate towards inspiring teams and delivering high performance.
The foundation message being:
Leadership is an honour however it is certainly incredibly challenging, but what in life of significance is easy?
Dr Ali Walker
Dr Ali Walker has a PhD in Group Dynamics and is a nationally accredited mediator.
Ali is the founder of Ality, a company that designs personal assessment tools to optimise individual and team performance. Ali has worked as a specialist advisor to organisations such as Google Australia, Suncorp, Australia Post, and NSW Ambulance among others. Ali designs and delivers executive leadership programs that have effectively displayed measurable improvements in performance-based outcomes. Ali is Adjunct Faculty at the Australian Graduate School of Management UNSW where she specialises in culture and leadership development programs and has worked with clients such as Woodside, Westpac, Rabobank, and the Victorian Public Service Commission.
Ali is the author of the bestselling book Get Conscious: How to stop overthinking and come alive. Her qualifications include a Bachelor of Arts/Law (UNSW), Master’s degree in International Law & International Relations (UNSW) & a Doctorate in collective behaviour (ANU).
2 hours 30 minutes
Session 1 - Creating self-awareness of leadership styles and how to lead with authenticity.
Enhance ProgramA$1,200.00+A$30.00 service feeSale ended